Sonitex is the ultimate Lo-Fi workstation. It offers a complete suite of processing dedicated to adding texture to digital audio. Sonitex allows you to bring the gritty vibe from vinyl records and vintage hardware samplers into your modern DAW environment.
When sampling vinyl records on vintage hardware samplers you often get something more than the musical content itself. This "sonic texture" may be a subtle feel, or it may be something that actually plays a defining role to the sample.
Sonitex is built on the idea that "texture" and "grit" is not a single effect such as noise or bit-reduction. Rather, it is the cumulative result of every process a piece of music goes through as well as the interaction of these.
So instead of focusing on just a single effect, Sonitex focuses on the complete life span of a piece of music before it ends up as a sample in a contemporary track.
Sonitex includes processing to mimic the mixing stage, overall distortion, vinyl pressing & playback, vinyl noise, other types of noises, frequency fidelity and finally the resolution & characteristics in digital sampling.
Sonitex features the most detailed vinyl emulation around. Comprising distortion, pitch warping, sibilance, frequency response and a flexible noise section with individual controls for pops, clicks and base noise you'll be able to dial in the exact amount and type of vinyl flavour needed.
Tone Projects Sonitex STX-1260 - Sound like early samplers
Old School Sampler
Vintage hardware samplers are renowned for their lo-fi characteristics which add a gritty quality to the sound. This has to do with many aspects ranging from limited bit-depth to dynamic filtering. Sonitex offers a flexible sampling stage allowing you to emulate a range of different sampler configurations.
Tone Projects Sonitex STX-1260 - Sound like anything warm, retro and classic
Crush in Style. Any Style
Sonitex excels at making tracks sound like a dusty record through an old 12-bit sampler. Fresh vinyl or an aged phonograph - the choice is yours.
But Sonitex is not limited to vinyl and samplers: Perhaps the vocal needs to sound like a classic movie clip on warped tape, or maybe the piano just needs to sound less sterile. The key is flexibility. Sonitex can be used to add a subtle analog feel to your tracks, for severe Lo-Fi degradation or for sound sculpting & creative effects.
Format: VST (Windows XP, Vista or Win7)
Version: 1.6 - Version history
Price: $74 / $54 (Save $20. Offer ends March 21st 2011)
Free trial version is also available.
* Dynamic processing to add initial punch and density.
* Mid/Side stereo adjustments.
* Distortion with pre-emphasis circuit and dry/wet control.
* 5 Distortion types (Saturation, Distortion, Amplifier, Digital 1 + 2).
* Flexible distortion pre-filter.
* Vinyl pitch instability with multiple warp shapes, and speed control (syncable).
* Sibilance processing to emulate high frequency distortion on vinyl playback.
* Overall bandwidth control with separate high & low frequency roll-off and "bump" control.
* Additional processing to mimic vinyl groove wear and the "phone"-sound on early systems.
* Flexible control over density, level and stereo spread on both vinyl "pops" and "clicks".
* Optional program dependant density for pops and clicks.
* 25 noise types ranging from vinyl noise and tape hiss to mechanical noises.
* Option to load custom wav files with noise or other sounds. (syncable).
* Adjustable gate (with syncable delay) on noise channel allows many ways to integrate noise.
* Flexible sampling section allows emulation of many types of sampler configurations.
* Bit-depth reduction and 3 types of samplerate reductions (with adjustable antialiasing filter).
* Dynamic lowpass filter section.
* Adjustable built-in compressor on output.
* Modulation system allowing mixed LFO & Envelope Follower modulation for selected parameters.
* Midi Learn on selected parameters.
* 3 internal routing configurations.
* Intelligent design to reduce CPU on disabled sections.
* "Subsets" offers 6 fixed sub-presets on each page to allow fast workflow when experimenting.
* Broad selection of categorized presets.
Available now at http://www.toneprojects.com/...